COMPLEX NEEDS GROUP WORKER (ACROSS WEST BERKSHIRE, READING AND WOKINGHAM)
Part-time – 20 hours per week, 42 weeks per year
Salary – FTE £19,854 pro rata £8,553 per annum
Contract: Fixed term until March 2021
Berkshire Women’s Aid works to enable people living with the devastating impact of domestic abuse to see and make choices about their future and to rebuild safe and strong lives, free from abuse.
One of our programmes supports survivors of abuse who have mental health support needs in Reading, Wokingham and West Berkshire. We want to recruit a specialist group worker to this group clinical programme.
This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and open to women only. Genuine Occupational Requirement (GOR), Schedule 9 (Work; Exceptions), Part 1 (Occupational Requirements) of the Equality Act 2010 applies.
For an application pack for this role, please click on the link below. Contact Helen firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0118 950 0182 if you have an queries. No CVs will be accepted and no agencies.
Closing date: Open: Suitable candidates will be invited to interview as their applications are received and the first suitable candidate will be recruited. You will only be contacted if you are shortlisted.
At Berkshire Women’s Aid (BWA) we provide confidential support, information, outreach services and refuge accommodation for women and their children who are affected by domestic abuse and violence.
We urgently need volunteers to join our team of Crèche Volunteers. Each week, in Reading, we run groups for women recovering from domestic abuse and we provide a crèche to enable women to attend. The groups run on the same day each week in the morning from 10am-1pm. As a crèche volunteer you will:
- Join in a programme of induction and training with your supervisor
- Engage, inspire & support children through play and other activities.
- Ensure you follow all explained policies and procedures
- Supervise children at all times whilst they are in crèche.
- Provide snacks to children and help with washing up.
- Help with toilet needs & nappy changes.
- Assist with preparing room and clearing up afterwards.
- We are looking for volunteers who are:
- Reliable, patient & empathetic
- Friendly ,welcoming and supportive
- Interested in working with children and able to engage with them
- Creative and have an understanding of age-appropriate activities for children.
- Understanding of confidentiality and boundaries
- Happy to undertake any training to help with role
- Willing to undertake an enhanced DBS check
Interested in volunteering for BWA?
Please complete the volunteer application form via the link below and submit to Info@bwaid.org.uk