Experiencing Domestic Abuse and Not a UK National?

Non-UK Nationals have the right to live free of abuse too

If you are not a UK National and do not have indefinite leave to remain in the UK, your legal rights may be more limited in some areas.

Even so, you DO have the right to live free from domestic abuse and have the same rights to protection from the law as everyone else. Your partner is subject to the same sanctions. If you and your children are being hurt or frightened by your partner contact the police.

There are also other people who can help you:-

Immigration Advisory Service

Details of this organisation’s work can be found at: www.iasuk.org


Reading Refugee Support Group


The staff and volunteers at Reading Refugee Support Group support the spirit of the 1951 Convention on Refugees, which Britain signed at the time. We are committed to reducing poverty, suffering and social isolation of people who have already faced unimaginable persecution and hardship. We believe in social justice, common humanity and a shared responsibility to protect and help the most vulnerable people in our society.

Address:35-39 London Street, Reading, RG1 4PS
Phone:01189 505 356

UK Border Agency | Victims of domestic violence

Official website providing information: click here